In the latest Wildfire Employee Spotlight, please meet Jason Fuentes, one of our business development strategists, who helps identify and set up mutually-beneficial partner relationships with businesses who wish to reward their customers using Wildfire's cashback loyalty platform.
1. How long have you been with Wildfire?
Joined in July 2021 and now we are 7x the team we were then.
2. What are your main responsibilities at Wildfire?
To partner with your favorite sites, apps, and digital experiences to make it super simple and brainless for you to earn cashback, points, free crypto, or whatever currency you value the most for buying things online.
3. Where did you work before Wildfire, and what were you doing?
I worked with a crew of pioneers to develop and enable a comprehensive card-linked-offers-in-a-box experience for tech companies, including the first generation of neobanks and leading social networks. If you are earning cashback from your credit or debit card, we helped make that possible by partnering with your favorite brands and Visa, Mastercard, and Amex for real-time purchase activity to connect the dots between a consumer’s online time to their offline purchase behavior.
4. What are some things that you find different about Wildfire vs. past work experiences you’ve had?
It’s what I don't find different about this vibe that motivates me to make everyday count. Specifically, a rocket ship is very distinct. There’s a pattern of experiences that take place on a rocket ship. You’ll never forget those distinct sensations. Having experienced these in my past, I’m experiencing those sensations again today 🚀!
5. What are 3 words you’d use to describe the culture at Wildfire?
Jamaican. Bobsled. Team.
(aka “Cool Runnings”)
On the surface, we are just another entrant to the game. But on the inside exists a team of disciplined, hungry learners, willing to train harder and collaborate better than anyone else to win. “Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, it's Wildfire time!”
6. What are your 2 most favorite things about working here?
I’d have to say the commute and dress code are the best. Brisk walk from the bedroom to the office in formal WFH attire FTW.
7. Do you have any pets? Who, and what, are they?
I own three fulltime rescue dogs, and I also rescue + foster part-time puppies regularly.
8. What do you like to do on weekends / your spare time?
Learn stuff, laugh with my people (and dogs), discover new things. Very easy to repeat those behaviors every weekend here in Austin, TX.
9. What is your favorite place you’ve ever visited, and why?
Web3 'cause the future is already accessible to us. Make what you want of it!
10. What is one surprising thing about you that most people don’t know?
My favorite book of all time and the only book I’ve read from cover to cover is "Where’s Waldo."
11. Where would you like to retire?
In the metaverse 🤔.
We have many more amazing team members to share in future employee spotlight posts, so stay tuned.
Interested in joining the Wildfire team?